Prep in 30 M
Cooks in 20 M
Total in 50 M
Makes: 4 Servings
- 1-1/2 cups Basmati rice
- 1 Onion
- 1 Green Chilli
- 1 teaspoon Cumin seeds (Jeera)
- 1 Cardamom (Elaichi) Pods/Seeds
- 1 inch Cinnamon Stick (Dalchini)
- 2 Cloves (Laung)
- 1 Bay leaf (tej patta)
- 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric powder (Haldi)
- 1/4 teaspoon Garam masala powder
- 2 teaspoon Oil
- Salt , as required For the Tikka
- 200 grams Paneer (Homemade Cottage Cheese) , cubed into 1 inch thick pieces
- 2 tablespoons Curd (Dahi / Yogurt)
- 3 teaspoons Gram flour (besan)
- 1 teaspoon Red Chilli powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Garam masala powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Kasuri Methi (Dried Fenugreek Leaves)
- 1 tablespoon Ginger Garlic Paste
- Coconut Oil , as required
How to make Paneer Tikka Pulao Recipe
To begin making Paneer Tikka Pulao, we will wash and soak basmati rice in water for 30 minutes.
The next step is to make the marinade for the paneer. In a large bowl, combine curd, gram flour, ginger garlic paste, red chilli powder, garam masala powder and little salt.
Mix everything together into thick paste. Add paneer cubes to the paste and mix well so that the paste is well coated on each paneer cube. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
Heat a griddle and add two teaspoons cooking oil, place the paneer cubes and fry until slightly golden on all sides. Remove from tawa and keep aside.
The next step is to make the pulao. Heat a teaspoon of oil in a pressure cooker and add cumin seeds, cinnamon, cloves, cardamom and bay leaf. Saute for a minute.
Add chopped onion and slitted green chilli. Saute until the onions turn soft and translucent.
Once the onions turn soft, add the paneer tikkas, turmeric powder, garam masala powder and mix lightly without breaking the paneer cubes.
Drain the soaked basmati rice from water and add to the pressure cooker. Saute for a minute until the masalas coat on to the rice.
Add 3 cups of water along with required amount of salt. Mix well and bring the water to a boil.
Close the cooker and pressure cook for a whistle. Once the pressure releases naturally, gently fluff the rice with a fork. Garnish with coriander leaves.
Last Modified On Thursday, 26 August 2021 05:30